Using Watch Face Studio (WFS), you can design watch faces that display language-specific content.
The following features can display localized content:
- Digital clock component
Digital clock component
WFS content automatically adjusts to match the language setting of the phone the watch is paired with. In your watch design, select a default language. If the language selected on the phone isn't supported by WFS, the default language displays instead.
Configure a digital clock component
The following example shows how to set the language of a digital clock component.
- Add a digital clock component to your watch face.
- With the component selected, go to the Properties window.
- In the Type section, select Time Zone and Local Calendar.
- Click Settings to open the language setting dialog and select the language used for localization.
When you build your watch face, you can add localized labels to components and select which language the labels are in. Labels display when the user performs a touch & hold on components on the watch face.
If the phone's set language isn't supported by your watch design, the design's default language displays on the label.
Configure a label
The following example shows how to add localized labels. Labels are configured when you build the watch face.
- Once the watch face design is completed, click the build icon to build your watch face.
In the Build window, update the default label.
Select the language and country codes for the language you want to support. Language codes are based on ISO 639-1, and country codes are based on ISO 3166-2.
Add the localized label text.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 for any additional languages you want to support.