A project in Watch Face Studio (WFS) contains everything that defines your watch face, from assets to build configurations. When you start a new project, Watch Face Studio creates the necessary structure for all your files. This guide provides an overview of the key components that make up your project.
The following list describes the font and health settings within each project:
- Font: Sets the default font that is shown.
- Bitmap font: Sets the Bitmap font for the opened project. The bitmap font set here is also shown in the properties menu.
- Step goal: Sets the step goal to be used for step percentage calculation.
- Heart rate measurement interval: Sets the interval for automatic heart rate measurement.
The following list describes the most important files and folders that configure the Watch Face Studio environment:
workspacefolder: Contains project files and build outputs.
Project settingsfile: Contains the following settings.
Project location: Sets the location that your project uses.
View: Sets the properties for Grid, Guidelines, and Snap.
Edit: Allows you to edit layer-specific configurations.
Enable dark mode: Sets and uses dark theme of Watch Face Studio
Additionally, WFS supports importing GWD project files from Galaxy Watch Studio. Some components and settings may not be imported because of operating system differences. Encrypted GWD project files can’t be imported. To import your GWD, go to Files > Import GWD.
Create a project
If you don't have a project opened, WFS shows the landing page. Otherwise create a new project.
- Click New Project. If you already have a project opened, create a new project by selecting File > New Project from the menu bar.
- Specify the width and height of your watch face.
- Click Create.
Open an existing project
To open an existing local project in WFS, follow these steps:
- Click File > New > Open Project.
- In the open project window, navigate to the root directory of the project you want to open.
- Click OK to open the project.
Alternatively, you can open existing projects in the following ways:
- In WFS, go to Menu bar > New Project > Recent, then select your project.
- Double-click a project file directly from a folder.