Jetpack Compose makes it easy to implement a design system and give your app a consistent look and feel with theming, components, and more.
The following pages provide details on how to design and implement your design system:
- Material Design 3: Learn how to implement Material You with Compose's implementation of Material Design 3.
- Migrating from Material 2 to Material 3: Learn how to migrate your app from Material Design 2 to Material Design 3 in Compose.
- Material Design 2: Learn how to customize Compose's implementation of Material Design 2 to fit your product's brand.
- Custom design systems: Learn how to implement a custom design system in Compose, and how to adapt existing Material Design composables to handle this.
- Anatomy of a theme: Learn about the lower-level constructs and APIs used
MaterialThemeand custom design systems.
The following samples demonstrate design systems in Jetpack Compose: